Bail Set for Quincy Burglary Suspect

By Alexander R. Konrad and Ellen X. Yan, Crimson Staff Writers

The alleged perpetrator of the Quincy House burglary last Sunday was arraigned on one count of breaking-and-entering and three counts of larceny at the Middlesex County courthouse this morning.

Somerville resident Sean Driscoll arrived in court from custody and entered a not-guilty plea.

In response, the District Attorney prosecutor alerted the judge to several outstanding warrants for Driscoll, and detailed his lengthy criminal record. Driscoll has defaulted on appearing before court 23 times, has 32 guilty pleas, and has been previously convicted six times.

He has been convicted four times of breaking-and-entering, three times of shoplifting, and of larceny and trespassing.

The arrest came as a result of interdepartmental collaboration, according to Harvard University Police Department spokesman Steven G. Catalano.

"The arrest of Mr. Driscoll was the result of both hard work by detectives and cooperation between several police departments including the Cambridge Police Department and the MIT Police Department of a man known to the criminal justice system who was victimizing several different area schools," he said.

Catalano declined to comment further because the case is currently in the court system. He would not say whether the DeWolfe and Cabot House break-ins of the past week are connected, instead saying that investigations in those cases are ongoing.

Bail was set at $5,000. He is due to appear back in court Nov. 5 for a pre-trial hearing.

—Staff writer Alexander R. Konrad can be reached at akonrad@fas.harvard.edu.