CRIMSON LIVE: Beanpot Consolation Game at Fenway Park

By Crimson Sports Staff, Crimson Staff Writer

Final Score: Northeastern 7, Harvard 6

Bottom of the 10th:
- PITCHING CHANGE: Zach Hofeld takes the mound. The rookie made a big impression with his complete game, 2-1 victory over Cornell. Let's see if he can build on that momentum.
- Nice play by Kramer who charged in from first base to make a sliding catch for out number one.
- Maguire walks in a six-pitch at-bat. Runner on first, one out.
- A come-backer to Hofeld nearly results in a double play, but a strong throw from Stoeckel comes in just late as DiCesare legs it out avoid making the final out of the inning.
- Passed ball puts DiCesare in scoring position and puts a little more pressure on Hofeld.
- Intentionally walking Tamsin again. Let's see if Walsh is right twice.
- Woah. Lyon hits a ball JUST foul down the third base line which would have scored the winning run.
- Game over, Stoeckel almost saved the run by keeping the ball in the infield, but DiCesare came home and gave the Huskies the win. Tough break for Harvard.

Top of the 10th:
- We're going into extras! Free baseball, although I don't know if anyone paid much to get in here in the first place.
- O'Hara hits one sharply to right but it's tracked down.
- Pinch hitter Chris Rouches in. A part of the logjam at first base, Rouches doesn't play much, but he's a great athlete and has a ton of raw power. Of course, raw power doesn't mean much if you don't hit the ball, and Rouces strikes out.
- O'Neill goes down on an ugly swing.

Baseball