Picking the Right Party Bus

If you’re looking for more than a generic HSA ride to The Game, going in club or house-specific buses might ...
By MARIA SHEN

If you’re looking for more than a generic HSA ride to The Game, going in club or house-specific buses might be a healthy alternative (and in most cases, a cheaper one, too). But the clock is ticking, and these buses are in high demand—so start sending out mass e-mails and networking to find out which buses have seats left. For those at a loss for where to begin, FM has three suggestions:

Mather House: The Crunk Bus

The cheapest of the bunch, the Crunk Bus seats 55 eager Harvardians but already has an extensive waiting list. Pull some connections or sabotage those with confirmed seats—tickets are only $30 roundtrip. The Crunk Bus departs Harvard at 6 p.m. on Friday and is homebound 4 p.m. on Saturday.

The Black Student Association: The Soul Bus

Tickets for the Soul Bus will be $35 for BSA members and $40 for everyone else. Set tentatively to leave at 4 p.m. on Friday, this bus gives you time to crash on a Yalie futon. If you just (inconveniently) broke up with your significant other at Yale, the BSA can also set you up with a host. Don’t party too hard on Saturday night, though; the bus is set to depart 11 a.m. Sunday.

Radcliffe Rugby Football Club: Women’s Rugby Bus

$35 round-trip tickets are offered for a seat in a bus of lovely rugby ladies. Five dollars less than the traditional HSA bus, the rugby bus also promises interesting conversation regarding the predecessor of American football. The bus leaves Harvard at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, leaving you plenty of time to indulge in refreshments before the game. The bus leaves New Haven at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, also giving you time to indulge in refreshments afterwards if your liver is still intact.

For The Moment