LIVE BLOG: MEN'S BASKETBALL AT BROWN

By Crimson Sports Staff, None

HARVARD 59, BROWN 61
In a cruel reversal of fate, the home team pulls out a second-half comeback, but this time it's the Bears that win out.

00.0 - On what must have been his 12th shot attempt (and the toughest), much maligned no. 31 sinks the game-winning three at the buzzer, after Housman misses a tough floater. Yet another tough last-second loss for the Crimson. Brown fans rush the court.

40 seconds - Harvard holding ball. Mullery made a layup to cut Harvard lead to one. Lin takes it.

1:00 - McNally misses the front end of a 1 and 1. Big.

1:32 - Harvard can't get the defensive rebound, and Brown finally sinks an open three. Harvard 59, Brown 56.

1:56 - McNally almost with the steal, but it's called a foul. "Big Country" is at the line.

3:00 - McNally's got a good stroke from outside. Brown's open shots just aren't falling. Harvard 59, Brown 53.

3:36 - No. 31 comes through, scoring a layup. Brown is still in it. Harvard 56, Brown 53.

4:44 - Although he isn't scoring as much tonight, Lin is still making an impact through steals and assists. He also is forcing a few fouls. Harvard 55, Brown 50.

5:25 - Brown taps a loose ball to streaking McNally, who knows how to finish. Bears then pressured into taking a timeout; they have none left, while Harvard has three remaining. Harvard 53, Brown 50.

5:55 - Housman pulls up for a three. Harvard 51, Brown 50.

6:46 - Wright with a nice block by his fingertips.

7:18 - Crimson turnover, instead. After a Brown three, Lin gets fouled, making both. Harvard 48, Brown 50.

8:11 - Housman takes a key charge. Clutch senior move. Harvard with a chance to take the lead.

9:17 - Missing again (1-10???), Brown's no. 31 is not having a good game. Pusar is, tying it up at 46 with a three. That deficit was erased quickly.

9:55 - Lin with a layup. This is more like it. Skrelja throws it somewhere, just not to a teammate. Harvard 43, Brown 46.

11:00 - Lin's back in and announces his arrival with a soft jumper inside the line.

11:18 - Shots are not falling for Harvard, and Brown is getting to the line. Boehm is, in a word, incensed. The Crimson have scored four points in almost nine minutes.

12:31 - Ball movement gets nowhere. Crimson can't finish. And by the way, Brown makes a three. Harvard 39, Brown 45.

13:12 - Lin's on the bench. Housman doesn't get the foul call. Crimson don't have much of an offense right now. At least the Bears are still putting up bricks.

13:46 - Actually, no, it won't. But Mullery is there to clean up the trash. He's at the line. Skrelja calls him "Big Country," ostensibly trying to encourage him. The foul shot barely makes it to the rim. Connection?

14:35 - Bear Sullivan makes another long two. Perhaps the outside shot will start falling for the hosts. Harvard 39, Brown 42.

15:16 - Brown scores a long two. Not a good sign for the Crimson. Harvard 39, Brown 40.

15:20 - Brown cheerleaders highly under-appreciated by sedate home audience.

15:35 - Wright with the nice move inside to take it back. Harvard 39, Brown 38.

16:03 - Uh oh. Skrelja gives Brown the one point lead.

16:38 - Interior scoring is one of Brown's strong points, however. A layup cuts the lead to one, as the Crimson need to pick it up on defense. 8-2 Bears run. Harvard 37, Brown 36.

17:11 - The Bears do some things well. Three-point shooting is not one of them. They've made one out of about fourteen attempts.

17:32 - Crowd's getting into it a little. Sign of the night: "Skrelja > Shaq."

17:55 - Bears comes out on a 7-1 run, punctuated by Mullery. Harvard 36, Brown 34.

HALFTIME - Mullery free throw cuts the deficit as Harvard leads comfortably 35-28. Now, time for more young children playing basketball. Mr. Howell is highly entertained.

Notes- Lin had three points in the first half. Mullery was a perfect 5-5 from the field.

41.9 seconds - Kenyi has spent the majority of the last couple minutes airborne --contesting shots, tipping passes, and a layup attempt. His foul shot makes it 35-27.

1:27 - Wright says "shoot it," and Housman listens. Jumper makes it 34-27.

2:32 - Brown misses yet another open three. Neither team is shooting very well, but the Crimson is doing just enough.

2:45 - Kenyi lands a block with so much momentum that he lands on his rear. Harvard up 32-25.

3:37 - Just for fun, Mullery throws up a three, sinks it. Kenyi does the same, just prettier.

4:45 - Harvard up 29-20.

5:10 - Harris and Mullery with back to back blocks. McNally whiffs on his own try.

9:08 - Finally a good finish on the fast break. Lin's no-look pass to driving Pusar extends lead to 8. Crimson leading 22-14.

10:05 - Junior vs. freshman, Mullery vs. Wright. That's the show right now, as they trade layups. Harvard up 20-14.

10:34 - Neither team is finishing well, blowing multiple fast breaks. Post play is doing well though. Wright puts visitors up 18-12.

11:48 - Lin finds Wright with a good pass. The big freshman gets hacked and makes both. Harvard is up 16-12. Lots of missed shots from both teams tonight.

12:35 - Amaker's yelling is the loudest thing in the gym. Unimpressive showing by the home crowd.

12:59 - Harvard turns up the defensive pressure, and it pays off with a Bear turnover.

13:23 - 83.3% of Bear cheerleaders are Asian. Good ratio.

13:57 - Housman continues to make it look easy. Layup makes it 13-10 Crimson.

14:19 - Boehm tickles the twine from behind the arc, but Brown cuts the lead back to one. Harvard up 11-10. Brown coach is an angry little man.

15:00 - After fruitless series of pushing the ball up the court, sweet Bear give and go ties it at 8.

16:25 - Wright finds Housman for the soft three. 8-4 Crimson.

17:28 - Harris soars like an eagle to pin a layup against the glass.

18:19 - Pusar drains a triple. Harvard up 5-2.

18:47 - Tip by Wright goes in. 2-2.

19:17 - After a Chris Taylor layin inside and a Mullery block, Bears up 2-0.

20:00 - Brown controls the tip.

T-8:00 - Coming to you live from Pizzitola Sports Center in Providence, R.I.

Men's Basketball