Fill in the ______: Gen Ed Jumble

Just over two years ago, Harvard gave us the Program in General Education; with titles that are borderline absurd, the ...
By Kathryn C. Reed

Just over two years ago, Harvard gave us the Program in General Education; with titles that are borderline absurd, the courses keep on giving. Post-shopping week, exercise your sense of whimsy and play with some of the coursebook’s most esteemed offerings. If you thought taking Empirical and Mathematical Reasoning 16: Real-Life Statistics: Your Chance for Happiness (or Misery) would help you prepare for your future in finance, imagine how Empirical and Mathematical Reasoning 16: ORGY Statistics: Your Chance for SEX (or Misery) could help you move up the corporate ladder (and down on your boss).

Words extracted from the actual Gen Ed courses that follow:

Beyond

Citizen

Bible

Avant-Garde

God

Gender

Evolutionary

Yiddish

Sex

Chants

Fat

Prophet

Real-Life

Revolution

Theism

Happiness

God

United States

Permitted

Orgy

Gregorian

Sacred-Secular

Russian

Brontosaurus

Unity

Big Bang

Koreas

Race

Example:

Empirical and Mathematical Reasoning 16: ORGY Statistics: Your Chance for SEX (or Misery)

Aesthetic and Interpretive Understanding 32: ______ and Reaction: The Rise and Fall of the _______     ________

Culture and Belief 12: For the Love of ____ and His ______: Religion, Literature, and the Arts in Muslim Cultures

Culture and Belief 13: The Contested ______: The ______ Dance

Culture and Belief 24: _______  _______

Culture and Belief 43: The World of ______

Empirical and Mathematical Reasoning 14: _____ Chance

Ethical Reasoning 15: “If There is No ______, All is _______:” _____ and Moral Reasoning

Science of Living Systems 18: _______ Biology: _______, Survival, and the _____ of Species

Science of the Physical Universe 22: The ____ of Science: From the _____ to the _______ and _______

Societies of the World 27: The Two ______

United States in the World 26: Sex and the ______: _____, _______, and Belonging in the _______

For The MomentFTM