Rumor Has It: Blocking

Harvard claims that housing assignments are completely random, but FM has searched long and hard for the real story. Never ...
By Julia E. Kete and Andrew A. White

Harvard claims that housing assignments are completely random, but FM has searched long and hard for the real story. Never mind the bollocks; here’s the Veritas!

* Blocking with an athlete guarantees you a river House, because Harvard needs its recruits to be near to the athletic fields. This rule does not apply to the crew team, because crew is not just a sport: it’s a way of life.

* If you have a serious allergy, you will be placed by the river because it is closer to UHS. “Green Is the New Crimson” also applies to saving ambulance gas.

* Children of celebrities will get put in Currier House, because it has the best security. (Fun fact: Harvard closed all but one of the ways into Currier when Caroline B. Kennedy ’80 was housed there.)

*Members of the squash team get to choose what House they’re in.

*If you enter your blocking form at precisely 3:17 a.m., you will enter a special group that gets first-rate housing in the secret House under the Yard.

*The Oak Club actually dictates the housing lottery, ensuring all its future members are together by the river and banishing un-cool blocking groups to the Quad—a safe distance from the members’ mighty awesomeness.

On CampusFor The Moment