Bank Robbed in Harvard Square

A man, who police believe is the person above, allegedly robbed a bank in Harvard Square on Monday.
By Xi Yu, Crimson Staff Writer

An unarmed man allegedly stole more than $3,000 from a bank in Harvard Square on Monday, according to Cambridge police.

A police officer in Harvard Square Monday afternoon was dispatched to a bank after an alarm was triggered there, according to the report he filed. When he arrived, the teller told him that someone approached her “very calmly” and handed her a note demanding money without dye packs.

Police redacted the name and exact address of the bank, but a photograph provided by police indicates that the robbed bank was Eastern Bank in the One Brattle Square complex.

The suspect was a white male wearing a white baseball cap and white and blue shirt, according to police. The report states that $3,179 was stolen.

A customer, being helped by another employee of the bank, had no idea the bank was being robbed until after the suspect left, according to the report.

—Staff writer Xi Yu can be reached at xyu@college.harvard.edu.

CrimeHarvard SquareCambridge Police