Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Harvard Student Cote K. Laramie '14 Dies

By Radhika Jain, Crimson Staff Writer

UPDATE: Saturday, September 8, 2012, at 11:31 a.m.

Cote K. Laramie ’14, a psychology concentrator and resident of Pforzheimer House, died Thursday, House administrators announced in an email to students.

“Many of us knew and loved Cote as a friend, and we mourn his passing,” wrote House Masters Nicholas A. and Erika L. Christakis and Resident Dean Lisa Boes. “Cote’s death is a terrible blow to every member of Pfoho. It is a shock to us.... It is especially poignant, coming at the very beginning of the year.”

Laramie took his own life at his home in Pembroke, N.H.

Pforzheimer residents were invited to a visiting hour Saturday morning at 11 a.m. in the Masters’ residence. On Friday night and Saturday morning, students wrote messages remembering Laramie and tacked them to a posterboard in the House lobby.

“You always astounded me with your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge,” one of the messages said. “I remember you always with a smile on your face. You will be missed.”

Several mentioned fond memories of talent shows in which Laramie, a guitarist and singer, had performed. Others recalled games of Bananagrams, a summer in Harvard’s BLISS research program, and Laramie’s vivid smile.

Laramie was a member of the Harvard Glee Club and Sigma Alpha Epsilon.

“Your enthusiasm and friendliness were unique,” one message read.

Another said, “I will miss your music, smiles, and laughter.”

—Staff writer Radhika Jain can be reached at radhikajain@college.harvard.edu.

CollegePforzheimer