Letter of Encouragement to Yale

Dear Yale, With the game in two days, you’re the only thing on our mind! Going a whole year since we’ve last seen you has been almost unbearable, but we’re looking forward to being back in your arms soon.
By Kathryn J. Gundersen and Annie C. Harvieux

Dear Yale,

With the game in two days, you’re the only thing on our mind! Going a whole year since we’ve last seen you has been almost unbearable, but we’re looking forward to being back in your arms soon. Last year’s game must have been a pretty disappointing loss (and the one before that, and the four before that), but hey, you’ve got another shot! Maybe this will be the year for you, Yale; we believe in you! Though we said we came to watch Harvard, we’re secretly cheering you on. We’re wearing blue underneath our crimson, wanna see?

After all, everyone loves an underdog, especially us, and we’d love to watch you rise to the top. Though some might be calling it a bit of a rough year for you, you’ve had your good moments—we’ve had our eyes on you all season long. We saw you flex those biceps at the beginning of the season with three wins in a row, and, though things got a little rough after that, we love how you’re fierce and never gave up despite all those losses. We don’t see what others find attractive in Dartmouth or Penn—never really been into the cocky jock type, personally. We don’t think any less of you for your struggles this season. If anything, we think it’s kind of cute.

Though it seems like we’re playing hard to get, always staying a little bit ahead of you in football scores and academic rankings, the truth is, we really admire your passion and fire. We love watching you run down the field in that timeless, classy navy blue, which goes really well with your eyes, by the way. You’re confident and not afraid to throw down and get those little white pants dirty, which really gets us going.

After the game, would you mind showing us your room? We’re really excited to see where you live! People say New Haven is scary, but with a big, strong Yale Bulldog by our side, there’s nothing to fear out there, not even a mugger. Plus, it’s almost winter and it’ll be cold, so why not skip the parties and just cozy in for the night? We’ll tend any battle wounds from the day’s big game, and we even brought some hard cider to enjoy before cuddling up under the blankets.

So soon, we’ll be up close and personal again at The Game. Don’t be fooled, we really don’t care who wins, it’s all about the action this weekend. We’re counting the minutes until we’re together again, Yale. The weekend always goes by too quickly, so let’s make this one to remember. Or not. See you on Saturday!

XOXO,

Harvard

FootballYaleThe GameLevityA Little Levity