Get Out: Get Festive!

Ballet, Christmas trees, and ice cream.

Boston Ballet presents: The Nutcracker

Nov. 28 through Dec. 31

In a run-time that lasts only two hours, get swept away by dazzling costumes and arched bodies at the Boston Ballet’s production of "The Nutcracker." The show opened in 2012 to acclaimed critical reception. Since then, it has expanded its set annually, so that each year’s performance reigns more extravagant than the previous year’s. Matinee and evening performances generally run every day except Tuesday.

What to expect: Children playing reindeer, a blizzard of silver snow, and live orchestral accompaniment. Special privileges for you, the college student: with college ID, $20 rush ticket available two hours prior to performance at the Boston Opera’s box office.

Amazon presents: Your Very Own Christmas Tree

Now through the rest of your 20s

In a survival-time of only a few weeks, enjoy the faintly fragrant branches and homemade ornaments. For only $6.80, or the price of one late-night Tasty Burger mistake, Amazon will pack and ship you an 18-inch Canadian mini Christmas tree. The origin of this beauty is “China,” although the product name purports it to be from just north of the border. Decorate it with printed Instagram photos of your frenemies and try not to think of all the times “Santa” gave your siblings the better gifts.

What to expect: One review described the tree as, at best, “a tiny bit of an upgrade from a Charlie Brown tree.” Special privileges for you, the college student: It’s $6.80, what more do you want?

Winter Weather presents: Poor-Man’s Ice Cream

Now through forever

In a preparation-time of only two minutes, enjoy sweet vanilla flavoring and lightly polluted snow. Do your part in clearing the sidewalks of New England snow by eating it. In a bowl, mix freshly-fallen snow with sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. The quantities of each ingredient don’t matter; it will taste of desperation regardless.

What to expect: If you’re a fan of sweetened condensed milk, you will love this. If not, you will feel neutral about it. Special privileges for you, the college student: Depending on your social group, this may add “quirkiness” points to your reputation.