New 24-Hour CVS To Open in April, Replacing Existing JFK Location

By Raghu Dhara and Samuel Vasquez, Crimson Staff Writers

A new 24-hour CVS store at 6 JFK St. is projected to open in early April in the heart of Harvard Square in the space previously occupied by Citizens Bank. The new location will replace an existing CVS across the street.

Denise A. Jillson, executive director of the Harvard Square Business Association, said that she was excited about the new store because of the business that the new central location—directly across from the Harvard Square MBTA stop—and longer hours would bring. The CVS location that will be closing, which is located at 29 JFK St., is only open 14 hours each day.

Jillson said she did not know whether the current 24-hour CVS location on Massachusetts Avenue, located a little more than 300 feet away from the new CVS location, would continue to operate on its normal schedule.

Construction is currently underway at 6 JFK St. with an anticipated April opening.

CVS employees declined to comment on the record, and public relations representatives of the company did not respond to requests for comment.

—Staff writer Samuel Vasquez can be reached at samuel.vasquez@thecrimson.com.

—Staff writer Raghu V. Dhara can be reached at raghu.dhara@thecrimson.com Follow him on twitter @RaghuDhara.

Harvard SquareCambridgeSquare BusinessMetro News