UC Appoints Director To Encourage 'Prompt' Email Responses

Undergraduate Council leaders Ava Nasrollahzadeh '16 and Dhruv P. Goyal '16 hold an open forum with President Drew G. Faust and Harvard College Dean Rakesh Khurana Tuesday night. Students spoke about a range of issues, including campus diversity and inclusion, accessibility for disabled students, and funding for summer and post-graduate public service opportunities.
By Jalin P. Cunningham, Crimson Staff Writer

Undergraduate Council leaders have created a new position, UC communications director, whose main responsibility will be to ensure "prompt" email responses from UC representatives to their constituents.

Oak Yard representative Eduardo A. Gonzalez ’18 will serve in the new position.

In an email to undergraduates on Tuesday, UC President Ava Nasrollahzadeh ’16 and UC Vice President Dhruv P. Goyal ’16 encouraged students to notify the communications director if their emails were not responded to in a timely fashion.

“I'm hoping to help the UC seem more approachable and helpful to students that might otherwise be disillusioned,” Gonzalez said.

Undergraduate Council leaders hosted a forum with University President Drew G. Faust and Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana on Tuesday.
Undergraduate Council leaders hosted a forum with University President Drew G. Faust and Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana on Tuesday. By Sidni M. Frederick

According to Goyal, the position did not arise in light of a particular incident or representative, but is instead part of a broad strategy to hold the UC more accountable and responsible for its individual constituents.

Also in the email, Nasrollahzadeh and Goyal publicized an open forum that the Council hosted with University President Drew G. Faust and Dean of the College Rakesh Khurana that was held on Tuesday.

—Staff writer Jalin P. Cunningham can be reached at jalin.cunningham@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @JalinCunningham.

CollegeUndergraduate CouncilStudent GroupsStudent LifeCollege AdministrationCollege LifeCollege News