Law Review Elects 130th President

By Claire E. Parker, Crimson Staff Writer

Second-year Law student Michael L. Zuckerman ’10 will take the helm of the influential Harvard Law Review after being elected its 130th president last week, set to replace outgoing president Jonathan S. Gould.

Zuckerman hails from Princeton, New Jersey and graduated from Harvard College in 2010 with a degree in Social Studies. He worked as an associate at the Boston Consulting Group and a research assistant for David Gergen, a Harvard Kennedy School professor. Zuckerman will join the ranks of prominent former Law review presidents including current United States President Barack H. Obama and seventh circuit court of appeals judge Richard A. Posner.

The Harvard Law Review, established by Louis D. Brandeis in 1887, is one of the most cited and oldest student-edited law journals in the United States. Student editors publish the roughly 2,500-page journal—which contains a combination of student work, contributions from outside scholars, and reviews of recent books by legal experts—monthly from November to June.

“Mike is a brilliant editor whose deep dedication to the Law Review’s mission and community have earned him the admiration of his peers, all of whom will benefit from his wisdom, kindness, and tireless work ethic in the year ahead,” Gould said in a press release. “Mike will make a terrific president, and I look forward to watching him lead the Review in the coming year.”

Zuckerman said he is already busy with work for the Law review, and is looking forward to leading its Board of Editors.

"The Law Review is a collection of ninety-two of the most talented, hard-working, and thoughtful people I have ever had the privilege to know. To get to work so closely with each of them to serve this institution makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world,” Zuckerman wrote in an email. “We are all looking forward to doing everything we can to carry on the journal's tradition of excellence."

Harvard Law SchoolUniversityUniversity News