Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Man Found in Charles River, Pronounced Dead

By Brandon J. Dixon and Beth Young, Crimson Staff Writers

Massachusetts State Police pulled an adult male from the Charles River early Tuesday morning. He was transported to Mount Auburn Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Officials responded to a call Tuesday morning after a dog walker reported seeing an adult male jump from the Weeks footbridge, according to Jeremy Warnick, a Cambridge Police Department spokesperson.

About an hour and a half later, just past 8 a.m., a State Police team recovered the male from the river and transported him to Mt. Auburn Hospital, according to David A. Procopio, director of media communications for the Massachusetts State Police. The man, who is from Allston, was pronounced deceased at the hospital. State Police detectives are investigating the death, and have not yet released the name and age of the adult male.

The Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office is not currently considering the death suspicious, according to Elizabeth A. Vlock, a spokesperson for the office.

—Check thecrimson.com for more updates.

—Staff writer Brandon J. Dixon can be reached at brandon.dixon@thecrimson.com. Follow him on Twitter @BrandonJoDixon.

—Staff writer Beth Young can be reached at beth.young@thecrimson.com. Follow her on Twitter @thebethyoung.

CrimeMetro NewsMetro