Mahoney said the source of the issue was smoke due to “a telephone charger cord that overheated.”
“An occupant of the building pulled a pull station activating the fire alarm system due to the odor of smoke,” he added.
Emily Shen ’20, who lives in Claverly, said she was unsure if the alarm was real when it first went off. “I wasn’t sure what to make of it because sometimes the alarm goes off even when nothing is wrong,” Shen said. “I was dumbfounded and pantsless and just sitting on my bed, but eventually I put on my pants and my coat and brought my backpack with me downstairs.”
The Fire Department cleared the scene at 4:16 p.m.
Adams House Fire Forces EvacuationA fire that started in a trash can and spread to an adjoining bulletin board in Adams House's C entry
Indomitable Conflagration Breaks Out Twice in Building in Harvard SquareNot content to remain extinguished permanently, a fire that broke out yesterday afternoon in a third-story room in the Concord
Damages Small in Fire at HarknessSmoke attracted fire engines and fire engines attracted a crowd when a grease fire broke out in Harkness Commons yesterday.
MIDNIGHT BLAZE IN CLUBHOUSEA fire was discovered in the Hasty Pudding Theatre shortly after midnight Saturday night. There was a delay of about
SMITH FIRE MOSTLY SMOKE BUT FRESHMEN MISS LUNCHA little bacon grease and a dirty flue was enough to bring a host of fire apparatus and half the