Covid-19 Updates on Campus and in Cambridge

The latest information about Covid-19 test results and vaccination rates at Harvard and in Cambridge and statuses of city and campus reopening.
By Crimson News Staff

Students approved to return to campus had to take two coronavirus tests upon their arrival and remain in their rooms until receiving a negative result.
Students approved to return to campus had to take two coronavirus tests upon their arrival and remain in their rooms until receiving a negative result. By Ryan N. Gajarawala

Harvard announced in March that it is expecting a full return to campus and a return to in-person learning for undergraduates. Graduate and undergraduate residential programs will return to normal campus operations in the fall semester, including both full housing density and in-person dining for students in the College.

The University will require that all students receive a Covid-19 vaccine to live on campus during the fall 2021 term, allowing exceptions only for medical or religious reasons.

International students and those unable to access a vaccine can be vaccinated when they arrive on campus, but may be subject to frequent testing until they are fully inoculated.

Through the end of the summer, Harvard College is using a color-coded system indicating different phases of campus reopening amid the coronavirus pandemic. Staff members and students living on campus have continued to undergo regular testing over the summer. Harvard and Cambridge have seen few positive cases over the past several weeks.

The Crimson will update this dashboard until the start of the fall semester with the latest data about Covid-19 test results and vaccination rates at Harvard and in Cambridge, as well as the statuses of city and campus reopening.

This post will be regularly updated. Last updated on July 23, 2021.

Last updated July 23, 2021 at 11:48 a.m.

Front Middle FeatureCoronavirusCoronavirus Main Feature
: