Trio To Be Inducted to MA Hockey Hall of Fame

By Catherine E. Coppinger, Crimson Staff Writer

Though most college graduates meet up every five or 10 years to reminisce with old friends, three Harvard hockey stars from the class of 1973 have earned a different sort of reunion.

On Nov. 10 at 6 p.m., right wing Bill Corkery, center Bob McManama, and left wing Dave Hynes will meet up once again as the three are inducted into the Massachusetts Hockey Hall of Fame.

Affectionately known as the “Local Line” because of their Massachusetts roots, the dynamic trio led the Crimson for three years to kick off the ’70s, combining for 201 goals and 407 points. In 1971, the then-sophomores helped Harvard win the ECAC championship and earn a place in the NCAA semifinal game. The Crimson also claimed a share of the ECAC title in 1973.

All three Harvard hockey players garnered All-Ivy League honors during their illustrious careers, and Hynes and McManama earned All-America status in their senior year.

Natives of Massachusetts that perform at the highest level on the ice and exhibit good sportsmanship and other positive personal qualities can be inducted to the MA Hockey Hall of Fame in one or more of the following categories: players, officials, media, builders, and coaches.

The 16th induction ceremony for the Hall of Fame will feature the three Harvard standouts and eight other local greats. Check this out for more info.

Men's Ice HockeySports Blog