Radcliffe Rugby Qualifies for Nationals

By B. Marjorie Gullick, Crimson Staff Writer

With the plethora of varsity sports Harvard has to offer, it’s easy to overlook the equally wide array of its club programs. The Radcliffe club rugby team, however, is letting its record speak for itself and quickly gaining distinction for its success. The team posted a 6-1 regular season record, good enough to qualify them for postseason competition.

“The season has been amazing,” senior Anna Kamerow said. “We only lost one time going into playoffs, so we came into it with a lot of great energy.”

The Black and White cruised through the NERFU tournament, losing only to Norwich—a team consistently ranked as the number one team in national rankings—and taking down Boston University, 46-24. Radcliffe secured a spot at Nationals in the spring over the weekend at the Northeast Rugby Union (NRU) tournament, beating SUNY Cortland and Boston University again along the way.

With its postseason success and upcoming Nationals in April, the Black and White is trying to prepare for the road ahead and enjoy its moment of great success.

“Overall as a team, we’re just excited,” Kamerow said. “It was our main goal to qualify and now that we have, we want to get as strong and as good as possible before Nationals so we can take this challenge as far as possible.”

Women's RugbySports Blog