Vegas Likes the Crimson

By Madeleine Smith, Crimson Staff Writer

Was your most recent term bill just a little too much to handle?

The Harvard men’s basketball team can help you out…maybe.

BetUS.com has the Crimson ranked second among its Ancient Eight counterparts in the website’s overall listing of college basketball betting odds. At 6-2 straight up and 3-1 against the spread, Harvard looks like a pretty safe bet.

BetUS cites last week's close loss to Michigan along with the early struggles of last year’s league-leaders including Cornell as reasons for the Crimson's appeal. The Big Red is only 2-6 SU and 2-3 ATS, earning seventh place in the ranking of Ivy teams. Columbia stands at the top of the list having gone 2-0 ATS. But the Lions have had a relatively easy schedule so far and still managed to drop four of their nine games.

Conference play won’t begin until after the break when Harvard takes on Dartmouth at home on Jan. 22.

That'll leave you with just enough time to cash in all those gift cards you’re bound to get and start placing your bets.

*The Crimson sports board does not promote gambling in any form. We're almost positive those Starbucks gift cards will come in handy when we come back to snowy Cambridge.

Men's BasketballSports Blog