Hockey Beanpot Tickets Now on Sale

The Harvard women's hockey team will look to repeat its Beanpot success with another championship. The Crimson men have a tougher road ahead.
By Molly E. Kelly, Crimson Staff Writer

Missed the Beanpot action last year?

You can make up for it this year—the Harvard Athletics ticket office is currently selling presale tickets for the 59th annual tourney between the BU, Harvard, BC, and Northeastern hockey teams.

Monday, Feb. 7 kicks off the action in the TD Banknorth Garden when the Crimson faces the Huskies at 5:00 p.m., and the Eagles-Bulldogs matchup will follow at eight. The following Monday, the championship and consolation matches will wrap up the tournament.

Last year, the women’s squad nabbed its 13th Beanpot title after toppling Northeastern in a close 1-0 victory. The men didn’t have as much luck—they were blanked, 6-0, at the hands of BC, and the consolation match versus the Huskies handed the crew a 4-1 loss.

The matchups will undoubtedly be a focus for the squads, then, as the women look for a repeat and the men seek to bounce back from a disappointing 2010 showing.

If you’re not yet sure if Beanpot action is in your future, tickets will go on sale to the public on Jan. 11. But if you are, call the Harvard Athletic Ticket Office at 617-495-2211 before tickets run out!

Women's Ice HockeySports Blog