Women's Squash Extends Winning Streak to 17

By Brian A. Campos, Crimson Staff Writer

The winning streak continues.

The Harvard women's squash team played its last game of the calendar year against Cornell yesterday, and the squad proved invincible once again. The Crimson swept the Big Red, 9-0, with only one player pushed to five sets—the first time this has happened this year. This is the fifth straight 9-0 win for Harvard in what has been so far a dominant defense of its national title from last season. If you include last year's undefeated season in the wins total, the Crimson has won 17 matchups in a row. Seventeen? That's like an entire football season plus one.

The last loss came at the hands of Ivy rival Princeton on Feb. 15, 2009 in that season's CSA championship game. Will the Crimson still be undefeated when the two-year anniversary of that defeat comes around? Harvard's schedule will significantly toughen up after the holiday break, with the Crimson facing Penn, last season's national semifinalist, and the Tigers back-to-back the weekend of Feb. 5-6. But with the way things are going now, it seems like no team will stop Harvard from steamrolling its way back to the CSA national championship game.

Women's SquashSports Blog