Basketball Recruiting Update

By Dennis J. Zheng, Crimson Staff Writer

Northfield Mount Hermon big man Majok Majok will not be coming to Harvard, but the Crimson's recruiting class may not yet be complete.

In a web interview March 29, the 6'8 Majok said he would make a decision "in like 2 weeks, i think." He stated his final choice of schools would be among Oklahoma, St. Louis, Oregon State, and Boston College.

As was widely reported earlier this season, Majok confirmed that Harvard had been one of his top picks, but that he had "decided to look at high major schools" and that he would not be coming to Harvard. When asked what had changed , Majok said, "i dont know. just turned in a different direction."

Majok, whose aerial feats have been well documented, had also been linked to Virginia Tech, Alabama, Virginia, and Stanford. The big man's stellar play his senior year heavily bolstered his stock at the Division I's top level.

With Majok eliminating Harvard from his decision-making, the Crimson's last possible recruit will likely be Brice Kofane, a 6'8 power forward out of The Miller School in Virginia. As of March 30 Kofane, a talented shot blocker and rebounder, said he would be announcing his decision "soon."

In an online conversation March 13, Kofane said he was eligible for admission to Harvard—"[qualifying academically] is not a problem"—and that he would announce his decision in three weeks. He declined to disclose his final school choices but did say that Harvard was one of them (and that Fairfield was not).

"I pretty much took my decision already. I just have to make it public," Kofane said of delaying his announcement. "I still have to figure some stuff out and talk to people."

As of now, the Crimson will definitively be welcoming Laurent Rivard and Matt Brown (Northfield Mount Hermon), James Moore (Jesuit High), Monty Brown (Hotchkiss School), and Ugo Okam (Monteverde Academy) to campus next season.

Men's Basketball