Athlete of the Week 11/19: Runners Up

By David Freed, Contributing Writer

Running back Treavor Scale’s impressive showing in The Game may have earned him The Crimson’s Athlete of the Week honors this week, but a medley of other athletes turned in excellent performances as well, earning them acknowledgment on the runners-up list.

Laurent Rivard, Men's Basketball

Junior wing Laurent Rivard had his best game of the young season Friday against Manhattan, leading the men's basketball team in scoring with 17 points. Rivard made five three-pointers on the day and is shooting nearly 45 percent on the season from behind the arc. Rivard connected on 5 of 10 three-pointers and added three steals, three rebounds, and one assist.

Victoria Lippert, Women's Basketball

Senior Victoria Lippert led the Harvard women’s basketball team to a 71-65 victory over BYU on Friday, registering a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds, both season highs. It was only the third double-double of Lippert’s career. The senior was named Ivy League Player of the Week and ranks fifth in the conference in both scoring and rebounding.

Kendall Crawford, Women's Swimming

In just her first year on the Crimson swimming and diving team, freshman Kendall Crawford has already begun to set school records. For the second time in as many weeks, Crawford set the record in the 100-meter backstroke, besting the time she set at Cornell last weekend by posting a time of 54.99 against Columbia. The Greenville, S.C. native helped Harvard capture 12-of-16 events against the Lions and win their 10th straight Ivy League contest.

Colton Chapple, Football

In his final game wearing crimson, Chapple was instrumental in leading the football team to a 34-24 victory over Yale. With the Crimson leading, 6-3, in the third quarter, Chapple scampered past two Yale defenders and sprinted 18 yards into the end zone to give Harvard a 10-point lead.

Chapple’s four-yard touchdown pass to Cameron Brate in the fourth quarter gave the Crimson a 27-24 lead it never relinquished. The senior threw for 209 yards for the day and ran for 128 more on 18 carries, finishing the season with over 3,000 total yards of offense and 33 touchdowns.

Sports Blog