Jeremy Lin Update: Knicks Win, Lin Still Plagued by Turnovers

By Daniel A. Grafstein, Crimson Staff Writer

Jeremy Lin and the Knicks got back on track at Madison Square Garden on Saturday against the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons stayed within close range for most of the first three quarters, but New York pulled away in the fourth to cruise to a 101-79 victory.

Lin scored 13 points in 24 minutes and finished with three rebounds, three assists, and two steals.

His seven turnovers led the team, which finished with 17. Detroit held a 23-20 edge in points off turnovers.

The game marks the fourth in five nights and the sixth win in the past seven games for New York.

The Knicks will be back in action on Monday night against Milwaukee. Last time New York played the squad there were significant playoff implications. In that match up, the ailing Knicks narrowly lost their fourth consecutive road game in a game where Lin also committed plenty of turnovers. With the loss, the Bucks inched to two games behind the Knicks for the eight and final playoff spot in the east.

Since then, the Knicks have gone 6-3, while Milwaukee has made up ground. The Bucks, who are currently one game behind eighth place, have the chance to overtake their competitors and establish momentum in Monday’s matchup.

With both teams peaking at the right time, the game will surely be an entertaining opportunity for Lin and the Knicks to show off their game. It should also give the new-look Knicks a taste of a playoff-like atmosphere.

Men's Basketball