Wright Competes in Reese's College All-Star Game

By Scott A. Sherman, Crimson Staff Writer

The Reese’s slogan is “perfect,” and though Crimson men’s basketball co-captain Keith Wright was not quite so in the Reese’s Division I College All-Star Game Friday night, the big man was able to register a solid seven points and six rebounds in 19 minutes of action.

Wright’s East squad topped the West, 103-99, in the contest, which was held at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. on the eve of the Final Four. Both squads consisted of some of the nation’s best seniors looking to make their mark in front of NBA scouts.

The East squad was led by the reigning Big East Player of the Year, Marquette’s Jae Crowder. Crowder led all scorers with 25 points, including 18 in the second half, and won the “Reese’s Perfect Player” MVP award. Reigning MAAC Player of the Year Scott Machado led the team with eight assists.

Also on Wright’s squad were Georgetown’s Henry Sims, Wichita State’s Garrett Stutz, and Temple’s Juan Fernandez. Ricardo Ratliffe of Missouri led the West with 21 points in a losing effort.

Playing in front of 11,364 fans at the Superdome, Wright shot 3-for-5 from the field and also had an assist, a turnover, and a steal while picking up two fouls.

The senior, who won Ivy Player of the Year as a junior in 2011-12, continues to try to prove himself capable of playing basketball at a professional level.

After showcasing his talents at the All-Star game this weekend, Wright will look to next make his mark in his home state of Virginia, where he will compete in the Portsmouth Invitational—an event in which Jeremy Lin ’10 once participated—against other NBA hopefuls from April 11-14.

Men's BasketballSports Blog