By the Numbers: Men's Volleyball EIVA Preview

The Harvard men’s volleyball team launched itself into the finals of the EIVA tournament after a dramatic comeback win against George Mason. The Crimson will take on No. 14 Penn State for the championship.
By David Freed, Crimson Staff Writer

As the men’s volleyball team (17-8, 10-4 EIVA) heads towards the postseason, The Back Page takes a look back at some of the important numbers from the team’s regular season.

11-3 ... The conference record of Harvard’s first-round opponent, the George Mason Patriots (15-11, 11-3 EIVA). George Mason defeated Harvard last year in this same round of the playoffs.

12.02 ... Kills per set for the team, which ranked second in the EIVA.

9 ... Harvard’s national rank in aces per set (it records 1.23 overall).

.348 ... Kill percentage for junior Kyle Rehkemper, who was the first Crimson player ever to nab both the EIVA Offensive and Defensive Player of the week awards last week.

25-7 ... Harvard’s record at the Malkin Athletic Center in the last three years (the Crimson are 9-1 at home this year).

2/15/13 ... The date for Harvard’s biggest win of the season, a 3-0 sweep of then-number nine Penn State.

16.6 ... The Crimson’s points per set at home (versus just 14.7 on the road).

Men's Volleyball