Lin: "This team has the potential to be the best ever."

By Samantha Lin, Crimson Staff Writer

When the Harvard men’s basketball team (13-1) visited the Rice Owls (5-8) on Jan. 4, a familiar face—Jeremy Lin ‘10—watched from the stands. The Crimson was able to catch up with Lin after the game and ask him a couple questions about the future of the team. Below is the interview.

The Harvard Crimson: What do you think about the current Harvard team, as compared to previous teams?

Jeremy Lin: I think this one has the potential to be the best ever. Obviously, everyone knows they were good last year, and now they have three guys back that were ineligible last year, so I think this should be their best season.

THC: Do you have any projections for March Madness?

JL: No, I don’t want to jinx anybody, but in my mind, I do.

THC: Are there any guys on the team you see as potential pro players?

JL: There’s a lot of them. If you start with the seniors, I think Kyle’s a pro, I think Brandyn’s a pro. Wes and Siyani, they have so many good players. Laurent’s going to play pro too, if he wants, he’s good enough. They’ve got a lot of good players.

THC: Now in your second season in Houston, you’ve been put in a supersub role for the Rockets. What’s it like coming off the bench?

JL: It’s been different. As a team, we’ve been really hit by a lot of injuries, so right now it’s all different day-to-day, but I think I’m more comfortable this year in Houston.

Sports Blog