Alumni Update: Lin, Fitzpatrick Star In New Roles

By Max McEvoy, Contributing Writer

Jeremy Lin ’10 (PG, Charlotte Hornets - NBA)

The most successful Harvard basketball alum has started the season like seasons past. Lin has settled into a role as a solid backup point guard to Kemba Walker. This season he has averaged a steady 11.5 points and 2.9 assists in an average of 22 minutes a game. This year he has a clear role on the team. His team, the Charlotte Hornets, are currently 10th in the Eastern Conference with a record of 5-5. Lin led his team to back to back victories on Tuesday and Wednesday beating Minnesota and the Knicks, scoring 19 and 17 points, respectively, in the two wins.

Desmond Bryant ’09 (DE, Cleveland Browns – NFL)

Bryant continues to impress, albeit on losing teams. After four years with the Oakland Raiders, Bryant now plies his trade for the Cleveland Browns. Since arriving in Cleveland three years ago, Bryant has started every game that he has been available for. However, he has never been on a winning team. Bryant registered a sack each in games against Arizona and Cincinnati but in Sunday’s game against Pittsburgh, the O-line held him to just two tackles.

Ryan Fitzpatrick ’05 (QB, New York Jets - NFL)

Former Harvard and current New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick suffered a close loss against upstate rivals Buffalo last Thursday. He had two touchdowns and two interceptions on a night where he only threw for 193 yards with a completion percentage of 44 percent. On Thursday night Fitzpatrick was well below his average QB rating of 85.5 with a score of 57.6. After a strong month, the loss drops the Jets to third in the AFC Eastern Division with a 5-4 record.

Alex Killorn ’12 (C, Tampa Bay Lightning - NHL)

Alumni