Hosch Named Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year

By Wade G. Player, Crimson Staff Writer

It was just one of those seasons for senior quarterback Scott Hosch. In his first full year starting as the Crimson’s signal caller, Hosch tallied some of the highest statistical totals in Crimson football history and led the Ivy League in virtually every passing category.

And with a third Ancient Eight title under his belt, the Sugar Hill, Ga. native won the Crimson’s sixth straight Asa S. Bushnell Cup as the Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year.

Hosch led the Crimson to nine wins his senior season as well as a share of the Ivy League trophy. His conference-leading 2,827 yards through the air set the Harvard’s single season passing record. He also led the Ivy League with 22 touchdowns, three more than the next quarterback. That, along with his 3,033 total yards, were good for the second-highest totals in school history.

Over the course of his career at Harvard, the senior totaled 4,255 passing yards. Last year, he saw his first game action when then-starter Conner Hempel went down with a back injury. Hosch played in all 10 games, and went 6-0 as a starter. He threw for a team-leading 1,428 yards and 8 touchdowns. His career passing yards and 30 career touchdowns were good for the eighth and sixth highest totals in program history, respectively.

In addition to his recognition as the Offensive Player of the Year, Hosch is a member of the 2015 All-Ivy League First Team. The quarterback was named Harvard’s Frederick Greeley Cocker Award as the team’s Most Valuable Player. He was also named to the All-New England team and won the New England Football Writers’ Association Division I Gold Helmet of the Year Award. Hosch was the Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year three times this season as well.

Football