Weekend Preview: April 24-26

By Jed Rothstein, Contributing Writer

Men’s Golf:

Coming off a successful weekend in which they finished sixth out of 14 schools at the Yale Spring Invitation, the Harvard men’s golf team heads to Bethlehem, Pa. for the Ivy Championships this weekend. The Crimson finished second among Ancient Eight competitors at Yale, finishing only a stroke behind the Bulldogs.  Last year, Harvard finished third behind Yale and champion Columbia. A win for the Crimson would give them their first Ivy League Championship since 1974 and earn them an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament.

Baseball:

The Crimson baseball squad (18-20, 7-9 Ivy) closes out its season with a pair of doubleheaders against Dartmouth (16-19, 12-4) this weekend. Earlier today, Harvard suffered a 7-6 loss at the hands of Northeastern in the Beanpot consolation game at Fenway Park. Saturday’s games will take place in Hanover, N.H. while Sunday’s contests will be at home for Harvard. Despite having been eliminated from playoff contention, the Crimson has the chance to finish above .500 for the first time since 2006.

Softball:

Like their baseball counterparts, the Harvard softball contingent (21-19, 11-5 Ivy) plays two doubleheaders against Dartmouth (21-14, 14-2) this weekend. But for the women, the series still have postseason implications. The Crimson currently sit three games behind the Big Green, meaning a four-game sweep would give it the North Division title. A division title would send Harvard to the best-of-three Ivy League Championship Series against the South Division winners.

Men’s Volleyball:

On Sunday, the Harvard men’s volleyball team (12-11, 6-5 EIVA) will close out its slate of regular season games with a home matchup versus Sacred Heart (12-12, 3-8). The Pioneers are in a tie with NJIT for the EIVA cellar. The Crimson come into this one having defeated George Mason, 3-1, last Friday. This will be its last contest before the EIVA Championships, which will determine whether or not the team progresses to the NCAA tournament.

Men's Golf