Admissions Question of the Day

By Laya Anasu, Erica X Eisen, and Layla Siraj

What happens if I'm waitlisted?

After you have received all of your decisions, you should reflect upon the choices you have and decide a plan of action. It may be that you feel that the school(s) that waitlisted you are not worth pursuing; if that is the case, you should ask to be taken off the waitlist.

On the other hand, if you decide that you do want to pursue the school(s) that waitlisted you, you have a little bit of work ahead of you. The first thing you need to do is notify them of your continued interest. You should also write a brief statement about why you are perfect fit and list any awards, honors, grades, or other compelling factors that you have accrued since you sent off your application. If there are any skills or extracurriculars that you left off of your application, you should include them here.

Read more »

How to Choose a Teacher for a Recommendation Letter

How do I choose a teacher for my teacher recommendation letter?

It's always best to choose someone who really knows you, someone who has, perhaps, seen both your strengths and your weaknesses. Then, your teacher can attest to your strengths and maybe even write about times when you've overcome your weaknesses. If you choose someone who knows you on a superficial level just because you think they're considered to be the best teacher at your school, then you might not get the same in-depth recommendation letter that someone who knows you well can write.

Read more »
1-2 of 2