Around the Ivies

Around the Ivies: Football for All

5 days ago

Devoted Twitter-goers, such as myself, probably know where I’m headed with this one. This past weekend, while the Dallas Cowboys failed to show up for their matchup against the Green Bay Packers, over 93,000 people showed up to the state-of-the-art AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Most of these fans would leave with the very Cowboys-familiar feeling of frustration and disappointment, customary for big games involving the Cowboys. I was not alone when a certain segment of the Fox broadcast left me laughing on my couch.

Read more

Around the Ivies: HU vs. HU

October 03, 2019

DARTMOUTH AT PENN

Read more

Around the Ivies: Let the Games Begin

September 29, 2019

While Brown might be the team that gains the most from an exploding playing surface, as anything that deviates from the game of football helps their cause, this is not the reason I chose Bane’s quote from the clearly second-best of Nolan’s Batman films to open this column. Yes, the Ivy League football teams opened up play last week against non-conference opponents. Yes, those were official games that are in the final, overall standings. No, they do not affect the Ancient Eight winner whatsoever.

Read more

Around the Ivies: Well Worth the Wait

September 20, 2019

My namesake was right about one thing: it is indeed football season. Nearly a month after most schools in the country started their campaigns, the Ivy League football season is finally upon us. All eight teams will finally be in action, starting to play catch-up with a country that has thoroughly forgot about baseball and has spent its weekends glued to the couch in jerseys. In this magical time at the beginning of the season, every college and professional team that isn’t the Dolphins knows that their chances of glory are still ripe for the taking, no matter how promising or slim.

Read more

AROUND THE IVIES: A Day at the Ballpark

November 15, 2018

Then I realize that I’m washed up — I’m halfway through my last week of covering Harvard’s football team.

Read more