This Weekend In Arts: 10/26-10/28

By Erica X Eisen

There are so many shows, performances, and galleries in and around Harvard Square that sometimes it's hard to know where to start—so the Arts board is here for you. We've compiled a list of interesting (and nearby) events happening this weekend to satisfy your craving for culture. Send tips to artscal@thecrimson.com.

Friday 10/26

Longy Conservatory Orchestra – Sanders Theater, 8:00 p.m.

Longy Conservatory Orchestra presents their newest production, which includes pieces from Bartók and Ravel, and the winners of Longy's 2012 Concerto and Composition competitions. Come by to enjoy music from the canon as well as new and upcoming names in the music world.

Harvard Allston Farmers' Market - Intersection of Harvard Street and West Avenue, 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.

Tired of dining hall food? Stop by the farmers' market this Friday to buy some fresh treats. This is the last farmers' market of the year before things close up for winter, so hurry over to grab one last taste of autumn.

SATURDAY 10/27

"Little Zizou" – Harvard Film Archive, 2:00 p.m.

This new film, the directorial debut of screenwriter Sooni Taraporevala, follows Bombay's Zoroastrian community. The screening will be followed by a question-and-answer session with the director.

Boston Book Festival – Copley Square, 10:15 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

This Saturday, Boston is playing host to New England's largest literary event this Saturday, rain or shine. Admission is free, and with Pulitzer Prize-winning speakers and panels about everything from the "Iliad" to graphic novels, there's something for everyone.

SUNDAY 10/28

Films by Michelangelo Antonioni – Harvard Film Archive, 4:30 and 7:00 p.m.

Fans of the famed Italian director's works will be glad to know that the Harvard Film Archive is screening two of his works. The first, "The Lady without Camelias" (4:30), traces the story of an ambitious actress trapped by domesticity, and the second, "Chung Kuo – China" (7:00), is a documentary depicting the life of China’s working class in the 1970s.

BooksOn CampusMusicFilmFood and DrinkMusic GroupsArtsCulture