Cade in America

By Cade Palmer

The SEC is the Best Conference in College Football

The Southeastern Conference (SEC) is, and has been, the best conference in college football.

Let’s take a step back in history. The beginning of the most recent era in SEC domination started in 2006. This era has not yet met its end. The 2005 title game — in which Texas defeated USC on the heels of Vince Young’s touchdown scramble as the final seconds drained from the clock — was the first national title game I, personally, can remember. Conveniently, it was the last title game for the next seven seasons that saw a non-SEC team hoist the crystal ball in January.

Read more »

A Characteristically Tumultuous Start to Ancient Eight Football

Sometimes people wonder why no one trusts polling data. But then the Ivy League releases a preseason poll with Yale at the top. And then Yale loses the first game. The suspicion is either a result of that or the 2016 election. Your guess is as good as mine.

The loss, Yale’s not Hillary Clinton's, while good for my loyalties to my collegiate institution, are bad for any person predicting scores for Ivy League games — so me, last week. The Bulldogs’ falter reminds all of us with an eye on the conference that the Ancient Eight remains as tumultuous as ever.

Read more »

Penn Serves as Kryptonite for Football

When it comes to Ivy League football, Harvard and Penn are the proverbial measuring sticks.

Read more »

The Unforeseen Rise of the Vulnerable Front Runner

In three Ivy League matches, this Columbia football team has achieved something no other Lions squad in the last five years could do in an entire season—it’s won three games. Sitting at 3-0, the team can outdo its win total from each of the last 20 seasons with one more victory.

Read more »
1-4 of 4