Yardfest 2010 Poll Released

•
MMMBop, ba duba dop.
MMMBop, ba duba dop.

Galactic. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. Slightly Stoopid. You haven't heard of them either, right?

The College Events Board opened up a poll this past weekend to get your input on who to feature at this year's Yardfest, an annual spring festival headlined last year by electronica Ratatat and one-hit-wonder Sara Bareilles.

When FlyBy took a look at the artists considered to be "within the CEB's price range," though, we couldn't help but scratch our heads in puzzlement. Peter Bjorn and John? !!!(Chick Chick Chick)? Del the Funky Homosapien?

"We didn't come up with them off the top of our heads," admits James A. McFadden '10, CEB vice-chair and a Crimson editorial writer. "There's definitely plenty of those I haven't thought of either." More after the jump.

The list came from a company called Pretty Polly Productions, an agency that many New England colleges use to book acts. McFadden emphasized that making the list available to students adds transparency to the whole artist-choosing process, even if many of the artists contribute to what he called "our '90s washed-up band reputation."

FlyBy, though, has managed to find plenty of gems in Pretty Polly's proposal, whether you're longing for your elementary school days (Hanson), a Latin rock buff (Los Lonely Boys), or just a fan of dances everyone knows how to do (Soulja Boy), and because of how many performers are on the list, there's sure to be someone you like.

"I think we're really happy with it," McFadden said. "There's a large number of [artists], but I think we got a wide variety of them."

"We all would love to have Kanye and Taylor Swift or whatever, but we're happy that it's a realistic set of choices," he said.

The poll will be open until Friday evening and is available here.

Photo courtesy of Wikicommons.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.