A List to Keep You Company During J-Term

If you managed to score one of the highly competitive stay-on-campus spots for J-Term this year, you might as well enjoy the company of your similarly situated peers.  And what’s a group of Harvard students without an e-mail list or an online forum?

Thanks to Sami Majadla ’11, students staying on campus for the upcoming month can post to a “Winter List” in order to keep each other abreast of outings and goings-on in Cambridge until everyone flocks backs to campus towards the end of January.

Though only four posts have been made so far, the list currently has 111 subscribers. Discussion topics include a proposal to visit the New England Aquarium, and to view The Princess Bride in Currier House “in hi-def and surround sound glory,” according to Majadla’s post.  The List also serves as a platform for less event-oriented communication (one entrepreneurial individual succeeded in selling a set of LSAT books). Learn more after the jump.

The group’s archives are visible to everyone, but members must join through the Harvard system, Majadla said.  Majadla, an international student from Palestine, advertised the group through the International Students list, because many of the students staying on campus are either international students, thesis researchers, or athletes.

“It’s just a list where people can share events that they are going to together,” Majadla said.  “It’s basically to help alleviate boredom.”

Are you on campus?  Got a great outing planned or want to find out more about indoor events so you can escape the frigid weather? Check out or subscribe to the still-expanding group at https://lists.hcs.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/winter.

Student LifeJ Term

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.