Weekend Sports Preview

lax-photo
lax-photo

Even though the weather may not show it yet, spring is definitely in the air for Harvard athletics this weekend. With the major winter draws of hockey and men's basketball over, it's time to turn our attention to baseball, tennis, and lacrosse. More on a sports-filled weekend after the jump!

For you Crimson Crazies, the only home game this weekend comes tonight, as the No. 16 men's lacrosse team hosts Hartford at 6:00 p.m. on Cumnock Turf. After kicking off the season with a road upset of Duke, Harvard took down nationally-ranked Stony Brook before coming up short against No. 13 UMass at home last weekend. Come watch junior goalie Joe Pike, who has the nation's third-best goals-against average, top scorers Jeffrey A. Cohen '12 and Dean W. Gibbons, and the rest of the laxers in their final tuneup before the start of Ivy competition.

Many of the Crimson athletes will be seeking warmer weather this weekend, with baseball and both tennis teams headed south of the Mason-Dixon line. Women's lacrosse opens its Ivy slate at Brown tomorrow afternoon, and men's volleyball is out seeking its first road win.

But keep an eye out for a couple of performances on the national scene: sophomore diver Zac Ranta will compete at the NCAA Zone A Diving Championships, where he hopes to earn a berth to NCAAs at the end of the month, and senior Becky Christensen is one of 17 high jumpers in the field at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships tonight in Texas.

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.