Definitely the Best Reason to Concentrate in Engineering

•
Viva Brasilia!
Viva Brasilia!

Though the College's plans for January Experience activities may have fallen through, FlyBy has found the one way for you to prevent having to spend a month sitting at home in New Jersey with your family...concentrate in engineering! Thanks to a program organized by the SEAS, while your friends are sitting at home watching reruns of "The Office" next January, you (assuming you switch your concentration to engineering) could be in BRAZIL!

Read more after the jump...

The SEAS has partnered with the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies' Brazil Studies Program to organize a field course for SEAS students in Brazil from January 7th to January 21st, 2010. The course will bring together professors and undergraduates from both Harvard and Brazil. The program will include both lectures and hands-on activities, and the web site says activities could include visiting the country’s largest hydroelectric dam or oil exploration and extraction sites. And don't worry if you spent too much time taking Bioengineering to dabble in Portuguese—all the activities will take place in English. Just think about how wonderful it would be to escape the Cambridge winter for 2 weeks in sunny Brazil...though it might not be worth spending the other 8.5 months of the school year slaving away as an engineering concentrator.

Photo credit Wikimedia Commons/Portal of the Brazilian Government

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.