Brangelina's Coming! (Oh, and Jolie's brother)

angelina-jolie
angelina-jolie

Like brother, like sister. Actor and producer James Haven might be better known as the equally pale brother of Angelina Jolie, that luminescent beauty of an actress who has garnered for herself a different type of celebrity status as an international do-gooder. Haven wants to follow suit, and his work will take him to Harvard this week.

And siblings love each other, you know? So the whole family is coming. Yes, that's right: Brangelina (and James Haven) are coming to Harvard on Wednesday (more after the jump).

International Relations on Campus (IRoC) has been working with the Global Health and Aids Coalition to invite Haven on campus to speak for their Global Health Day, on Wednesday, April 6th. According to Alyssa T. Yamamoto '12, an assistant director of IRoC, Harvard Medical School professor Jim Yong Kim had recently met with Haven's PR person, and the actor expressed his interest in creating "some sort of bond between celebrities and academia."

FlyBy has confirmed that Haven will be speaking to a panel on "Socially Responsible Careers in a Global Age," but of slightly more interest, Pitt and Jolie (and the children, perhaps?) are expected to be there as well. Organizers of the event thought that they might as well try to have Brangelina speak in a panel event if they were going to show up, but the discussion has reached a stalemate with the people in PR, Yamamoto said.

FlyBy will send more details as they come.

Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons/World Economic Forum from Cologny, Switzerland

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.