Brangelina Plays Hooky

•
haven-harvard-3
haven-harvard-3

OMG BRANGELINA I JUST WANT TO TOUCH HIM SHE’S SO GORGEOUS OMG!!! So sayeth FlyBy.

Sorry. So here's the deal: Actor James Haven came to the Kirkland Junior Common Room yesterday to accept a designation as the International Relations Council’s Harvard Global Health and AIDS Coalition's Senior Honorary Advisor for 2009. Whatever that is. FlyBy isn't sure either. But there's more: Haven's sister, actress Angelina Jolie, and her partner Brad Pitt were scheduled to attend the event so that they could see good old Jimmy get his award. Too bad they never showed. Figure out what happened (with more pics of Haven chilling at John Harvard’s) after the jump.

There was some disgust and disappointment on display in Kirkland JCR when it became evident that Brangelina would be flaking on the 80-odd assembled Harvard undergrads (and a few more looking in the windows). Word on the street is Angelina’s doing some filming out on Long Island, and couldn’t make it up for the event. So instead, the students patiently absorbed Haven’s words of worldly wisdom concerning positive action (yada yada), marveled at his erudite quotations from sources as varied as Mother Teresa and Frederick Douglass, and eagerly clung to the hope that the star couple would make a delayed appearance. They didn't.

No big deal. By the end, Haven’s address was in fact energizing, focused on the need to bring responsibility and compassion to the problem of third-world underdevelopment. Still, not all in attendance were appeased.

“You know what this is?” one listener asked, “Joey McGraw all over again…”

All in a day's work for Haven. FlyBy found the actor (excuse us, "International Relations Council Senior Honorary Advisor") deep in conversation with some event organizers after the event. (Photos by Bonnie J. Kavoussi)

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.