Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Study Spots

•

Thanks to the Internet, there are infinite ways to procrastinate while studying in your room. But wouldn’t it be nice to divert your eyes from the computer screen while you’re avoiding your papers and projects? Find your modus operandi for Internet procrastination below to discover the new location where you should be studying – or not studying.

If you avoid work by visiting...

hulu.com, try studying in Lamont’s Farnsworth Room, the campus hub for pleasure reading. From mystery novels to harlequin romances, the Farnsworth Room is a choice spot for TV-like reading material.

foodporn.com, then work in Radcliffe's Schlesinger Library, which boasts the largest collection of historic cookbooks in the country, including Julia Child's original cookbook drafts.

cuteoverload.com, then study in the Ernst Mayr Library at the Museum of Comparative Zoology. Not only does the library have a complimentary espresso machine (donations encouraged), but the museum also has books about almost every animal imaginable. If you get tired of books, just take the elevator to the third floor to visit the museum’s real (dead, stuffed) animals.

xtube.com, then study in the “Cage” in the bowels of the Fine Arts Library. There, after being admitted by a trained librarian, you can fritter away your hours looking at Harvard's erotica collection.

engadget.com, then consider the top floor of Cabot Library in the Science Center. In this a small, almost uninhabited nook, only your gadgets will keep you company.

harvardfml.com, then clearly you are a fan of the misery of others. Head over to Houghton Library and check out an original copy of Foxe's Book of Martyrs. The 16th-century tome has enough gruesome pictures of people being burned at the stake (including a fetus busting from a burning martyr's stomach), to make modern students’ complaints seem dull by comparison.

flybyblog.com, then stay in your room. Continue reading. You are procrastinating correctly.

Photo by Flyby Blog/The Harvard Crimson

On CampusExams

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.