More Zuckerberg Gossip, Just in Time for "The Social Network"

•

In the days building up to the premiere of "The Social Network" next Friday, all news related to Facebook founder Mark E. Zuckerberg has become as interest-piquing and potentially scandalous as your friend's latest Facebook photo album. Here, you can avoid those incriminating pictures for a few more minutes and engage in some Zuckerberg gossip instead.

Zuckerberg’s recently released texts and e-mails—which were printed on Monday on techcrunch.com—concern one of his co-founders, Eduardo L. Saverin '05, who later left the business.

In 2004, one of Zuck’s friends called Saverin a “sucker” for paying for the servers.

Zuckerberg: Eduardo is paying for my servers.

Friend: A sucker born every day.

Zuckerberg: Nah, he thinks it will make money.

Friend: What do you think?

Zuckerberg: Well I don’t know business stuff

Zuckerberg: I’m content to make something cool.

We think your creation is cool, Zucks.

Zuckerberg was a little more surly in an e-mail to Saverin in a project the latter had started on the side.

You developed Joboozle knowing that at some point Facebook would probably want to do something with jobs. This was pretty surprising to us, because you basically made something on the side that will end up competingwith Facebook and that’s pretty bad by itself. But putting ads up on Facebook to advertise it, especially for free, is just mean.

Okay, man. We get it. You’re getting a little angry—Saverin was “bad” and “mean.” And the vocabulary only gets more sophisticated.

I maintain that he fucked himself...He was supposed to set up the company, get funding, and make a business model. He failed at all three...Now that I’m not going back to Harvard I don’t need to worry about getting beaten by Brazilian thugs.

Feisty. But don't worry, Zuckerberg—we dig your generosity, and we’ll be catching your spot on Oprah this Friday. And you went to Harvard.

Photo by The Harvard Crimson

Headlines

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.