Harry Potter 7.2: The Drinking Game

•

When the final Harry Potter movie is released Friday morning at midnight—or Thursday evening, if you're lucky—the childhoods of many will be as dead as Dumbledore. On the bright side, the end of childhood signals the beginning of adulthood, and what better way to celebrate than by ordering another round of fire whiskey (21+ unless you're in Hogsmeade) and partying like it’s time for the nonexistent-but-hey-we-can-still-dream Harry Potter 8.

As Harry, Ron, and Hermione know, there’s no better way to go out than with wands blazing, and as we know from the last time a Harry Potter movie came out, there's no better way to watch “The Deathly Hallows: Part 2" than with drinks pouring.

The Rules

—Whenever Hermione has a concerned look on her face, drink up.

—Whenever Voldemort casts a killing curse, take cover under your Invisibility Cloak and drink up.

—If you see any awkward sexual tension—real or imagined—take a hearty gulp.

—Whenever you hear ominous music, take a drink.

—Whenever Hermione looks especially fine, take a drink. (Limit yourself to two per scene, please)

—If a basilisk, hippogriff, or other magical creature comes on screen, drink up.

—Whenever Ron falls, take a sip. (Caution: Be prepared for a Hagrid-sized hangover!)

—Whenever the Deathly Hallows are mentioned, take a drink.

—During the Battle of Hogwarts, take a sip whenever a colorful spell flits across the screen.

—When Harry and Voldemort meet face to face on-screen, kill your drink.

—After the epilogue ends and the credits start rolling, raise your goblet and give a toast to The Boy Who Lived.

Want more fun? Check out our rules for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" in Fifteen Minutes magazine. And just to be clear, don't actually do any of this—besides the part about seeing Harry Potter, of course.

College Life

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.