Toilets, Telephones, and Tutoring: Finding a Job at Harvard

Now that students have finally settled into their classes, many may be searching for ways to make a couple extra bucks this semester. Fortunately, opportunities on campus are plentiful, so landing the perfect term-time job can be easy. We've rounded up just a few of the highlights, but information on many other campus jobs can be found on the Student Employment Office website.

Dorm Crew

Dorm Crew has been cleaning bathrooms and building character since 1951. Flexible and fun, Dorm Crew employees choose their own hours and can work anywhere from two to twenty hours per week cleaning students' private bathrooms, among other tasks. Interested students should apply on the Dorm Crew website.

HSA Door-to-Door Distributors

If you've ever wondered how those memos and campus notifications magically appear outside your door every week, look no further. Harvard Student Agencies is looking for students to distribute flyers door-to-door across campus on Thursdays. HSA boasts a competitive wage and flexible hours, and distribution is a fantastic way to bolster your bank account while also burning some calories.  For those interested in HSA distribution, contact Olivia Ford at olivia.ford@mail.hsa.net to apply.

The Radcliffe Institute Phonathon Program

The Radcliffe Institute Phonathon Program is looking for "enthusiastic, hardworking" undergraduates to place calls to alumni and friends of the Institute during three-hour shifts throughout the week. As additional perks, callers get treated to free snacks and weekly pizza.

Sanders Theatre Ushers

Students with a particular interest in the arts and performances going on at Harvard may be delighted to discover that Sanders Theatre offers undergraduates the opportunity to work as ushers for its various shows. Ushers work four to five hour shifts and are required to work at least four shifts each month. More information on becoming an usher can be found on the Student Employment Office website. Applications are due September 17.

BSC Tutoring

The Bureau of Study Counsel offers a Peer-Tutoring service that employs around 450 students each year. To become a tutor, you need to have completed the course you want to tutor with a B+ or higher. Tutors earn $14 an hour, and although the BSC typically does not hire first-year students as Peer Tutors, freshmen interested in teaching or working with others should remember the BSC when looking for employment opportunities further down the road.

On CampusCollege LifeStudent Jobs

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.