Cinema 1636 Off to a Magical Start

ā€¢
"Harry Potter, Hogwarts' Most Successful Dropout"

Friday night usually always comes as a welcome reprieve from the hectic school week and starting the evening of September 16, Friday nights are about to become even better. Cinema 1636, a new weekly outdoor movie event, will be hosting a free screening of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" on the Science Center Lawn.

Preceded by a Quidditch scrimmage at 7 p.m. by the Harvard Horntails, the 8 p.m. screening, co-sponsored by the Office of Student Life, the College Events Board, and the Office of Campus Services, will also be home to food trucks and free popcorn.

This is just the beginning, however, as more free screenings of popular movies, such as "Bridesmaids" and "Horrible Bosses," are scheduled for the coming weeks. For more information, visit The Office of Student Life's The Weekends @ Harvard College Calendar detailing the coming films and several other weekend options.

There's always much to do at Harvard, and as Spenser R. Goodman '14, who helped spearhead this event, says, evenings like these help, "provide alternative programming for students who are looking for alternative activities on the weekend." And what better way to start off the weekend than with some magic, friends, and free popcorn?

Student LifeEvents

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.