Taste of Fall Around the Square

•

You may have noticed it's autumn because midterms have rolled around and you're starting to shiver in your short-shorts. The businesses of Cambridge, meanwhile, know that it's fall and we can tell because they've started selling pumpkin lattes and apple bath bombs. Now, Flyby explores the various fall specials around the Square.

Conveniently located in the Yard, Cafe Gato Rojo has an Autumn Harvest Latte which they tout as a "rich and spicy tea latte sweetened with honey."

A few blocks over, Clover is advertising both its hot mulled cider and a Harvest Dinner that will take place this Friday (with baked beans and sweet potato bars being served, only 10 tickets are left and can be reserved here).

Lizzy's now has pumpkin pie ice cream, while J.P. Licks is making its transition from summer to autumn by offering hot apple cider, maple spice lattes, apple "chaider" (that's chai and apple cider), as well as maple walnut scones, frosted pumpkin loaves, and cupcakes topped with plastic pumpkins.

Just off the square, Peet's Coffee & Tea has its own pumpkin Freddo, pumpkin chai latte, and cinnamon gingerbread latte.

Over on Brattle St., Crema Cafe is offering a fall spice cupcake with apple compote and chai buttercream.

L.A. Burdick, meanwhile, is selling Halloween graveyard chocolate sets containing Halloween Harvard squares, chocolate ghosts, and an assortment of chocolate coffins.

For those seeking the smell, rather than the taste, of autumn, Lush has a collection of Halloween and fall-themed items, including pumpkin soap and a bath fizzer made from apple and cinnamon; The Body Shop has also released its holiday scents, which include ginger and cranberry-scented lotions and perfumes.

Food and DrinkHarvard SquareThe SquareSquare Business

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.