Tom vs. Gisele

In this series, Flyby asks Harvard students to weigh in on topics worth polling.

In a recent, informal, highly flawed poll, Flyby asked 16 members of the Harvard community if it was more impressive for New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to have landed supermodel Gisele Bündchen, or vice versa. Thirteen (81 percent) answered that Bündchen was the more impressive catch.

Brady, as the Pat's quarterback, has led his team to five Super Bowls and has won three of them. He has the best regular season win percentage of all time. When it comes to throwing a football, Brady is probably one of the best people at it.

Bündchen was introduced in the July 1999 Vogue magazine cover as "The Return of the Sexy Model." As the highest paid model in history, Bündchen could well be the best of those who are professionally beautiful.

It should be noted that no one included in this poll was ignorent of who either Brady or Bündchen was.

And now, for an analysis: Ultimately, Brady plays a sport that has the word 'American' in the title, and Bündchen is a fashion model who has transcended cultural barriers to reach a prime position in the supermodel elite. It is little wonder that these 16 students (and the Harvard population at large?) think of her as the worthier of the two in this celebrity relationship.

Three points to Gisele.

Offbeat

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.