Harvard Fashion Week 2012

•
Rows and rows of clothing fill the room at The Swapaholics' Sip & Swap event on the evening of September 30. This year's Boston Fashion Week, which took place from September 24 through October 1, featured a multitude of shows and special events for local fashionistas.

Just because the shows in New York are over doesn't mean you can't still enjoy a little couture. With events sponsored by The Harvard Vestis Council, Eleganza 2012, Identities 2012, and the SAA, Harvard's first ever Fashion Week boasts something for everybody.

The events began tonight with a showing of "The September Issue," hosted by Identities. Here is what's next in the lineup.

Vestis Council Blog Relaunch Party | Thursday, March 22, 9 p.m., Adams UCR

The Harvard Vestis Council helps its members pursue fashion professionally, linking them with experts in the fashion world through private shopping events and meet-and-greets. It also runs an online fashion blog that features beauty advice, trends reports, and fashion how-tos. Come help them celebrate.

Andaaz: A South Asian Fashion Show | Friday, March 23, 8 p.m., Cabot Theater

Maybe you loved Ghungroo. Or maybe you're just a kid at heart and get excited by bright colors and jewels. Either way, this event is for you.

Eleganza: Rent the Runway Trunk Show | Saturday, March 24, 2 p.m., Adams UCR

If you've ever shed a silent tear as you paid $200 for a formal dress—or if you've done that 10 times throughout your college career—you'd appreciate how wonderful Rent the Runway is. The website, which was founded by Jennifer Y. Hyman '02 and Jennifer Fleiss,  allows students to rent designer dresses for as cheap as one tenth of the original sales price.

For those who can't find time to come to these events, here are a few fashion tips from Anna M. Remus '13, president of Vestis, just in time for spring:

Colors

Have fun with colors this season and celebrate the warm weather in neons and pastels.

'Tis not the season

Put away feather earrings, headbands, and necklaces. And, while you're at it, also throw out your fringe vests, shoes, and purses. No more fringes and feathers.

Dress to Impress

With mini skirts, maxi dresses, and crop tops being trendy this season, remember to still dress for your body type. If you're more petite, a high-low skirt will help you look fashionable without shortening your legs.

On CampusStudent GroupsStudent LifeFashion

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.