Course Catalog for 2012-13 Now Available

These are not actual Class Reports.
These are not actual Class Reports.

For those looking to get a head start on Pre-Term Planning, which opens on June 4, the course catalog for the 2012-13 academic year is now available via the Registrar's website. Among the thousands of different courses offered in Harvard's 46 varying concentrations, a few stand out. For your reading enjoyment, we've chosen two that we find particularly interesting.

Religion 1055: Apocalypse Now/2012: How the World Ends (or Doesn't) in Human Societies

Even if it doesn't seem like the most uplifting course, this religion class features an incredibly wide-ranging overview of what we have imagined the apocalypse might be like. And if the Mayans were right about 2012, this course will let you know what's going on.

Government 1087: Shakespeare and Politics

William Shakespeare is most famous for his enduring characters, his enthralling plots, and his unparalleled command of the English language. Yet his plays also contain political dimensions, which this class promises to explore in depth. For those who have a desire for real world applicability and a thirst for the classics, this course is for you.

These courses not for you? Spend a few hours digging through the course catalog and hopefully you'll find at least four classes of interest.

CollegeAcademicsRegistrar

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.