Phive Things to Know About Alpha Phi

•

Guess what? A brand new exclusive social organization is arriving on campus this semester! With the impending arrival of women's fraternity Alpha Phi, we at Flyby thought we'd let you know what exactly makes this national organization distinctive.

1. Next time you look up into the night sky and spot Ursa Major, spare a thought for Alpha Phi, as it's their official constellation. So excited are they about this that the "Phi bear" is their mascot.

2. Notable alumni include the former president of Lifetime Television, Mrs. America 2007 (yes, Mrs.), and Ashley Tisdale's sister. Rush Alpha Phi and you too can join the ranks of these illustrious public figures!

3. Following the correct Greek pronunciation, "Phi" is actually pronounced, "Fee." It's been claimed that the women's fraternity adopted this rather than the anglicized "fie" because it sounded "more feminine." Nothing screams sisterhood like making your title sound more fee-male.

4. Because we're sure you're all dying to know, Alpha Phi's official leaf is ivy. Well, we're definitely familiar with that. Welcome to Harvard, you'll feel right at home.

5. Want to snap pictures like a real Alpha Phi? While some sororities put fingers in their mouths, and others throw crooked arms in the air, Alpha Phi has their own style. Get practicing; your Facebook friends can't wait to see it!

SororitiesFraternitiesFlyby Campus

Harvard Today

The latest in your inbox.

Sign Up

Follow Flyby online.